This team is charged with spreading the gospel to those outside the membership of the Congregation and to seek out the unchurched and
new residents in our community as prospective members. The duties of the team are:
- to make the Congregation aware that evangelism is every member's responsibility
- to make the Congregation aware of the ELCA mission programs
- to enlist and train members to visit prospective members
- to maintain a list of all visitors to the Church
- to maintain records of attendees at church services and Sunday school
- to mail out welcome letters and other literature
- and finally to plan and execute a program for the assimilation of new members into the Congregation by organizing a system of sponsors and
informal welcoming receptions
This team is also to identify and contact those members who become inactive and determine what if anything can be done to bring them back to
the Church. The team also assists the pastor in shepherding Congregation members who are temporarily out of the local area.
In cooperation with the Parish Life Ministry Team
, this team should also seek to deepen the faith and activity of our members.
The Publicity and Communications Task Group
provides members, visitors, and the community with timely information about the mission and
activities of the church and its various programs through newspaper articles, advertisements, e-mail, social media, and the church web site.